- Baccalaureate Diploma, Musical High School #1, Bucharest, 1979
- B. A. in Philosophy, University of Bucharest, 1985
- Ph.D. Tulane University, 1998, "On Incompleteness in Modal Logic. An Account Through Second-Order Logic". Supervisor Professor Graeme Forbes.
- Ph.D. 1998 University of Bucharest, "Lois Believes That ... . Neo-Fregean vs. Neo-Russellian Approaches To Attitude Ascriptions and Direct Reference" (in Romanian).
- Professor Department of Philosophy and Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and Chair of Theoretical Philosophy & Logic, University of Bucharest, Romania, 2000-
- Visiting Scholar and Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy, New York University, 2001.
- Visiting Fellow, CUNY, 1999.
- Fulbright Scholarship, Tulane University, New Orleans, 1993 - 1994.
- Publisher, Humanitas publishing house, 1990 - 1992.
Publications (partial list)
Fragmentarea sensuli (The Fragmentation of Meaning)
Polirom Publishing House, to appear 2003.
"The concept of necessity in Wittgenstein's Tractus Logico-Philosophicus"
in Ludwig Wittgenstein in the XX-th Century Philosophy, Mircea Flonta and Gheorghe
Stefanov (eds.), Polirom Publishing House, 2002, pp. 155-164.
Incompletitudine si modalitate. Logica modala ca logica de ordin superior
(Incompleteness and Modality. Modal Logic as Higher-Order Logic)
Paideia Publishing House, Bucharest, 2001.
"Did Priestley say the truth? an interpretation of Kitcher's proposal"
Revue Roumaine de Philosophie, vol. 44, pp. 305-332.
Logica s¸ i argumentare (Logic and Argumentation),
with Petre Beiltz, textbook for high-schools, ALL Publishing House, 1999.
On Incompleteness in Modal Logic. An Account through Second-Order Logic,
UMI, A Bell & Howell Information Company, 300 North Zeeb Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 1998.
"Saul Kripke and Donald Davidson on Belief Ascription and Indirect Discourse"
Revue Roumaine de Philosophie, vol. 41, no. 3-4, pp.215-250.
"Remarks on two alternative formal systems of efficiency concepts: Comment on C. Popa and J.
In Praxiologies and the Philosophy of Economics, The International Annual of Practical
Philosophy and Methodology, J. Lee Auspitz, Wojciech W. Gasparksi, Marek K. Mlicki,
Klemens Szaniawski, eks., Transcations Publishers, 1992, vol. 1, pp. 585-593.
(Logical and Philosophical Explorations)
Humanitas, Bucharest, 2004.
Logica si argumentare
Logic and Argumentation)
ALL, Bucharest, 2003.
Translations into Romanian (partial list)
L. Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, co-translator with Mircea Flonta,
"Humanitas" Publishing House, 2001.
S. Kripke, Naming and Necessity
"ALL" Publishing House, 2001.
R. J. Bogdan, Grounds for Cognition: How Goal-Guided Behavior Shapes the Mind,
Editura 'ALL', 1998.
Robert Nozick, Anarchy, State and Utopia
Editura 'Humanitas', 1997.
W. Newton-Smith, Rationality of Science
Editura S¸tiint¸ifica˘, 1995, co-translator.
Ludwig Wittgenstein, Blue Book
Editura 'Humanitas', 1993, co-translator.