An Introduction to Formal Logic Second Edition
- Intended for a course for students in philosophy, mathematics, linguistics, or computer science, and excellent for self-study.
- Motivation is given for each formal concept and each step in building a formal logic in terms of formalizing reasoning. Summaries are given at important junctures in the book to keep students aware of what they are doing and where they are going.
- Criteria of formalization are developed and applied to formalizing ordinary language reasoning in an example-analysis format.
- More than 300 worked examples
- More than 500 exercises with answers available on the web.